Meth Decontamination Services
Powers Environmental is licensed and certified to comprehensively decontaminate properties that have been damaged due to the manufacture and use of methamphetamine and other toxic drugs and chemicals.
Powers Environmental meth decontamination services:
- Coordination of certified 3rd party all assessment testing, reporting and property clearance
- CDPHE regulation site containment
- CDPHE regulation removal & disposal of contaminated materials
- CDPHE regulation cleaning, decontamination and drying of all salvageable surfaces
- Coordination of 3rd party contents restoration (furnishings, valuables, art, electronics if applicable)
The importance of effective & regulated meth decontamination
Accredited and effective decontamination requires specialized training by government regulated entities (*OSHA, CDPHE & EPA). Powers Environmental maintains various expert levels of certification from nationally accredited training programs to perform safe decontamination using proper site containment, removal and disposal processes for chemically hazardous materials.
If you are the owner/seller of a property damaged by the manufacture or use of methamphetamine, it’s very important to be aware of such damage. Buyers have the right to test for contamination prior to purchase and sellers are legally obligated to disclose known contamination unless proper remediation and clearance have been documented by required regulatory agencies.
The dangers of methamphetamine (“meth”) contamination
When a building has been exposed to the manufacture/cooking and use of meth, toxic chemical residue (known as volatile organic compounds or VOCs) is left behind on and within all structural materials (including walls, ceilings, cabinets, doors, flooring, plumbing/septic and ventilation systems).
Although there are telltale signs of meth contamination (refer below to FAQ), obvious evidence is often removed by law enforcement prior to release of the property for decontamination. Chemicals used to make meth vary, but often include dangerous acids, bases, metals and chemical salts. The scope of damage, toxic residue & VOCs left behind are not always detectable merely by sight or smell. Exposure can be very dangerous to humans and pets when inadvertently ingested, absorbed through the skin or inhaled.
VOC exposure may cause symptoms not unlike being poisoned:
- Disorders of the Central Nervous System
- Lethargy/ Sleeplessness
- Confusion/ Dizziness
- Respiratory irritation/ Breathing Difficulties
- Nausea/ Vomiting
Certified 3rd party Screening/Preliminary Assessment testing is required to determine if contamination exists and to what degree. To avoid any conflicts of interest, Powers Environmental does not perform assessment testing, however, we can help coordinate 3rd party testing when needed.
What makes Powers Environmental different?
- Integrity and Accountability
- CDPHE / OSHA-HAZWOPER regulatory compliant
- Certified trained & professional decontamination technicians
- All – phase restoration services from decontamination through re-build
- Locally owned and operated since 1983