First General Services (FGS) of Colorado was founded in 1983 by Don Smith of Colorado Springs. Because Don was a reliable local contractor, he was called upon often by customers, neighbors and businesses in need of knowledgeable advice on a variety of building matters. After a time, he found himself answering more and more questions about property damage claims and how best to fully rebuild and recover. One local business found themselves in quite a mess with significant damage structural to their liquor store and they called Don for some guidance. In helping his customer navigate their insurance claim and the total restoration of their property, Don realized that there was a need not only to rebuild structures, but also to help rebuild peace of mind. We see all kinds of mishaps, big and small, every day. We understand that it’s scary to see the life and belongings you’ve worked hard to build in shambles. It might be more scary not knowing how to make it better.
Coordinating a multitude of skilled, quality contractors to work with your insurance company takes research, time and a lot of communication. That’s what we do for you. Our staff is experienced to handle or help you through every step of your project from initial response, to consistent follow up with your insurance company, to delivery of your Certificate of Satisfaction. Our goal is for you to understand the process and feel peace of mind from start to finish.
Our established relationships (both nationally and locally from Fort Collins to Pueblo) in just about every realm of the building industry allow us to operate efficiently as your SINGLE SOURCE contractor so you can get back to your life.
We are a family of companies that strives to deliver outstanding service and results based on collaborative communication, quality workmanship and timely completion
- Residential Restoration and Remodel
- Basements/ Additions
- Interior Design Consultation and sample Design Center
- Commercial Tenant Finish and Site Development (See Commercial Services for a sample list of our Commercial Clients)
- Insurance Claim Specialists
- Licensed, Insured, Bonded
- 24/7 Emergency Response, Board Up and Storm Recovery services
- Water Mitigation
- Mold Remediation
- Fire/Smoke Restoration
- Technicians are IICRC Trained and Certified to safely and effectively handle inspection, clean up and disaster restoration
- Asbestos Abatement
- Lead Paint Removal
- Strictly regulated to adhere to CDPHE regulations
Memberships and Associations